Challenge. Engage. Reward!
The connection between Motivation and reward is hardwired into human nature, and when used correctly it can be hugely beneficial in business applications. The Gamification features of InvGate Service desk provide a framework to reward staff with virtual or tangible incentives for completing tasks that contribute towards the overall team, department or company goals. Gamification provides an incentive to meet business objectives without being intrusive, promotes a competitive team spirit and can become addictive!
The benefits of Gamification in business
Gamification significantly improves the productivity and collaboration of individuals and groups by providing continual feedback on progress, and putting daily tasks in the context of long terms goals. As more tasks are completed the ranking or skill level of individuals is increased, providing recognition for hard work and increased motivation to take that additional step and continue improving. By offering rewards in an ongoing manner you also help to instill a sense of motivation and continuous improvement that becomes part of your business culture.
Your staff are motivated, receive reward and recognition, and are happier and more productive. In short, you will have more support Ninja’s in your team! For your service desk this translates into; higher levels of service, faster response times, increased productivity, greater collaboration and greater visibility of the value that IT delivers to the business.
How do game mechanics translate to business objectives?
Administrators can define new quests that are easily customized to match the goals and objectives that are specific to your business environment. They can also be weighted by type of interaction in order to maintain balance.
Quests can be defined at a group or individual level.
Benefits of Gamification
- Promotes greater collaboration between team members and other groups to complete assigned tasks.
- Users are motivated and rewarded for completing tasks they perform every day as part of their role.
- Users become more engaged. Quests and Badges are awarded based upon completion of work related tasks that are relevant to their role and business objectives.
- Increases productivity and the value of IT support across an enterprise.
- Removes the barriers to adoption faced with any infrastructure application. Encourages and rewards engagement.
- The best thing is that everything is done with usual style and flare you have come to expect from InvGate. Easy to configure, cool looking graphics and dashboards that make it simple to track where you are in your quest. There are even a few sound effects thrown in here and there to keep it fun!